Capital Partners for Education (CPE) is in its 25th year of mentoring low-income students. CPE mentors low-income, often first-generation to college, students in the Washington, D.C. area through high school, college completion and into long-term careers. CPE’s program features a robust curriculum of college and career readiness programming designed to equip its students with the skills and experiences necessary to graduate college and succeed in the workforce.
Starting in the 10th grade of high school, each CPE student is paired one-to-one with a college-educated, volunteer mentor who, with staff support, guides . them through the challenges faced in high school and college. Many of CPE’s students and mentors not only build close relationships, but form life-long bonds and consider one another members of their immediate family.
CPE has a closed student enrollment process, where partner schools refer eligible students to the program.
A list of our partner schools can be found below.
- Benjamin Banneker Academic High School
- Eastern Senior High School
- McKinley Technology High School
- Phelps Architecture, Construction, and Engineering High School
- Ron Brown College Preparatory High School
- Woodrow Wilson High School
- Capital City Public Charter School
- Cesar Chavez Parkside High School
- Washington Leadership Academy
- Academy of the Holy Cross
- Bishop McNamara High School
- Bishop O’Connell High School
- Columbia Heights Education Campus
- DeMatha Catholic High School
- Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School
- Elizabeth Seton High School
- Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School
- Gonzaga College High School