Each CPE mentor commits to the following:
- At least a year long one-to-one mentoring relationship
- Meet with your mentee twice a month
- Call/email your mentee each week
- Be a reliable resource and friend
Being a mentor enables you to:
- Foster a meaningful relationship with your mentee
- Develop career readiness skills in future generations
- Connect with other mentors and build your community
Requirements for mentoring with CPE:
- Four-year degree or higher
- 21 years old or older
- DMV Metropolitan Resident
How do I become a CPE mentor?
The process for becoming a mentor is straightforward and we work to ensure that CPE is the best fit for you.
The process includes:
- Apply online here (5 – 8 minutes)
- Complete an in-person interview with CPE staff and pass a fingerprint screening (75 minutes)
- Participate in Mentor Training (90 minutes)
Additional benefits of mentoring with CPE:
- Ongoing training
- CPE’s Mentor Network
- Community events
Please be advised that CPE matches mentors with students three times per year and it could take up to six months to create these matches. If you have any questions, please email CPE’s Associate Director of Community Partnerships, Paige Lawal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.