The CPE Experience
How would your life change if you could go to college? Your first step is to get a great high school education – go to the right school, work hard, and plan for your future. It won’t be easy to take on the responsibility, but you’re not the first to do it.
If you think you’re up to the challenge, we can help make it happen. You’re the driving force, but CPE is here to help. You’ll need to be accepted by CPE and to one of our partner high schools on your own. CPE will provide up to $4,500 per year to help pay your way at your new private high school or $1,000 per year in college scholarships if you attend one of our charter school partners.
And we’ll give you lots of academic enrichment and support:
- A summer readiness program to help you prepare for your high school journey and summer enrichment programs before each new school year
- Quarterly workshops to keep you on track during all four years of high school
- College prep programs, including campus visits and one-on-one college counseling
- Career awareness programs to help you envision and plan for your future. You won’t be on your own. CPE connects you to people who support your success.
- A caring adult mentor who will keep in regular contact — to talk to, do things with, and help you plan for college
- A CPE Student-Mentor Coordinator (SMC) who will maintain contact with you, your family, your mentor, and your school to follow your progress and create personalized
- Action plans to address your needs
Through strategic partnerships with schools and community-based organizations, CPE provides an on-going array of programs designed to help our students hone their academic skills, prepare for the college application process, and develop other important career proficiencies such as basic financial literacy, resume writing, and interviewing skills.