The application for Trailblazers applying to partner private schools for the 2017 – 2018 school year is now closed.
The Trailblazers program, is a mentoring and college success program that begins working with selected students in the 9th grade and continues through their high school graduation. Trailblazers receive:
- One-on-one mentoring: Trailblazers are matched with a college-educated volunteer mentor. Mentors commit to communicating with mentee once a week and meeting in person at least once a month.
- College and career readiness programming: Students participate in a suite of programs, including financial education classes, workshops, resume-writing classes, career fairs, and community service projects.
- Holistic staff support: Students receive individualized support from CPE staff through semi-monthly school visits, student check-ins, report card reviews, teacher consultations, and parent and student meetings.
- Financial Support: All students receive access to emergency funds for academic-related expenses.
Once Trailblazers enter college, they join the Transformers program and continue to receive CPE support through college graduation.
Trailblazer Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible to apply for the Trailblazer program:
- You are currently in the 8th grade in Spring 2017.
- You plan on attending one of CPE’s partner schools listed below.
- You are a legal U.S. resident or citizen (does not apply to parents).
- Your household income meets CPE’s income eligibility guidelines.
- You reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area (DC, MD, VA).
- You agree to actively participate in ALL components of the CPE Program.
Income Eligibility Guidelines:
|Household Size||Max. Yearly Income|
|For each additional family member add:||$5,350|
Trailblazer Partner Schools
Students attending the following partner schools are eligible to apply for the Trailblazers program in the 8th grade:
- Academy of the Holy Cross
- Benjamin Banneker High School
- Bishop McNamara High School
- Capital City Public Charter School
- Eastern Senior High School
- Elizabeth Seton High School
- Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School
- Gonzaga College High School
- McKinley Technology High School
- Paul Public Charter School
- Ron Brown College Preparatory High School
- Woodrow Wilson High School