The Navigators program is an intensive mentoring and college success program for students in the 11th. Navigators receive the following services through college graduation:
- Mentoring: Navigators are paired with college-educated volunteer mentors who will meet during monthly workshops and communicate weekly.
- Individualized Staff Support: Navigators will benefit from CPE’s individualized support through school visits, student check-ins, report card reviews, teacher consultations, parent and student meetings, and academic intervention as necessary.
- College and Career Readiness Programming: Workshop topics will be facilitated by CPE staff and partnering organizations and primarily focus on college readiness skills and the application process.
- Financial Support: All students have access to transportation stipends and emergency funds for school supplies.
Once Navigators enter college, they can opt to join the Transformers program.
Navigator Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible to apply for the Navigator program:
- You are currently in the 11th grade
- You currently attend one of the CPE partner high schools (listed below).
- Your household income meets CPE’s income eligibility guidelines.
- You agree to actively participate in ALL components of the CPE Program.
Income Eligibility Guidelines:
|Household Size||Max. Yearly Income|
|For each additional family member add:||$5,350|
Navigator Partner Schools
Students attending the following partner schools (who are not part of the Trailblazers program) are eligible to apply for the Navigators program in the 11th grade:
- Benjamin Banneker High School
- Capital City Public Charter School
- Eastern Senior High School
- McKinley Technology High School
- Paul Public Charter School
- Woodrow Wilson High School