Become a Mentor
We are now accepting applications. If you are interested in becoming a CPE mentor, click here to fill out our online application.
CPE mentors are ordinary people who want to help a young person reach his or her dreams of going to college.
You can be a mentor! If you are a college graduate and 21 years of age or older, you have all the necessary requirements to be a mentor.
- A two-year, one-on-one mentoring relationship
- Meeting with your student once per month
- Emailing weekly via our e-mentoring platform
- Calling, texting, or other forms of communication weekly to supplement the growth of the mentoring relationship
All mentors must:
- Complete an application (linked)
- Attend a new mentor training (sessions take place at CPE’s office)
- Participate in a one-on-one interview
- Provide two personal references and two professional references
- Pass fingerprint and social security-based background screening
Upcoming New Mentor Training Sessions:
- Thursday, June 6, 2013, 6pm – 9pm (Last available training for the 2012-2013 school year)
For a complete list of training dates in the 2012-2013 school year, click here: Mentor Training Calendar SY2012-13.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve space at one of our training sessions!