Each CPE mentor commits to the following:
- At least a two-year one-to-one mentoring relationship
- Meet with your mentee twice a month
- Call/email your mentee each week
- Be a reliable resource and friend
Being a mentor enables you to:
- Build a lasting relationship with your mentee
- Have the flexibility to foster a meaningful relationship with your mentee
- Connect with other mentors and build your community
How do I become a CPE mentor?
The process to becoming a mentor is straightforward and will work to ensure that CPE is the best fit for you.
The process includes:
- Complete the online information session (30 minutes)
- Apply online (8-10 minutes)
- Complete an in-person interview with CPE staff (45 minutes)
- Pass a background and finger print screening (15 minutes after in-person interview)
- Participate in Mentor Training (2.5 hours)
Our information session happen every Tuesday at 12:00pm and Thursday at 4:30pm. Please email our Volunteer Engagement Manager Paige at [email protected] to schedule your information session.