Each CPE mentor commits to the following:
- At least a year long one-to-one mentoring relationship
- Meet with your mentee twice a month
- Call/email your mentee each week
- Be a reliable resource and friend
Being a mentor enables you to:
- Foster a meaningful relationship with your mentee
- Develop career readiness skills in future generations
- Connect with other mentors and build your community
Requirements for mentoring with CPE:
- Four-year degree or higher
- 21 years old or older
- DMV Metropolitan Resident
How do I become a CPE mentor?
The process to becoming a mentor is straightforward and will work to ensure that CPE is the best fit for you.
The process includes:
- Apply online here (5 – 8 minutes)
- Complete an in-person interview with CPE staff and pass a fingerprint screening (75 minutes)
- Participate in Mentor Training (90 minutes)
Additional benefits of mentoring with CPE:
- Ongoing training
- CPE’s Mentor Network
- Community events
If you have any questions, please email CPE’s Volunteer Engagement Manager, Paige Lawal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.